- A white tooth reflects a healthy tooth. You couldn't not smile when healthy, shiny teeth give you a sense of self-confidence and satisfaction. Unfortunately, over the years, we laugh less and our teeth lose their shine.
- Discolouration becomes a fact that we cannot escape over time. In fact, there are many reasons causing discolouration, but mostly the bad habits in our lives are at the top of this list.
- Tooth enamel is what gives the tooth its whiteness and shine. It can be quite powerful, but it's not indestructible. It will get thinner as the years go by. This semitransparency will bring out the natural color of the dentin.
- After this stage, our teeth will gradually have color tones such as yellow and gray over time.
- In addition to discoloration, since this tooth enamel is constantly exposed to microcracks over the years, when we eat or drink something, these microcracks are filled with substances that are eaten and drunk.
- If we constantly consume dark and colored drinks such as coffee and tea, tooth discoloration will be much more intense and the discoloration will take place much faster.
- In addition to darkening the entire tooth, if particles get between enamel and dentin, stains occur on the tooth.
- By using laser teeth whitening, approximately 3-4 shades of whiteness can be provided to the patient's teeth.
- Today, dentistry can increase tooth whiteness by using bleaching techniques. There are also bleaching kits that can be used at home, but for the most effective results, it should be applied by a dentist.
The techniques frequently used in our DentEuropa Clinic are as follows;
Laser teeth whitening
- The process takes about 30 to 60 minutes depending on the frequency of treatment.
- The dentist will remove tartar and bacterial plaque before treatment.
- Then, laser will be applied on teeth with a special gel product applied as a thin strip on the tooth.
- Through this treatment, approximately 3-4 shades of whiteness can be provided for the color of the teeth.
Scaling / Polishing
- The Scaling-Polishing technique is also a treatment method that is frequently used but not as effective as laser whitening. Contrary to popular belief, it is completely harmless to tooth enamel.
Home bleaching kits
- There are many types of home bleaching kits on the market, but not all are equally effective and you may not get the results you desire. It is recommended that you consult your dentist before using such a product.
- Although it is effective in maintaining the whiteness of teeth, if you don't change your bad habits, you probably won't whiten your teeth as much as they do now.
- Finally, no matter which teeth whitening method you choose, you should always consult a dentist first.
- It is very important for this bleaching process that the dentist cleans your tartar and plaque.
- We would also like to point out that the teeth whitening methods mentioned above may not give the same results for every patient.
- Shade differences may occur depending on the diagnosis and treatment status of the patients.