Why should I have Zirconium done?
- This material, which is in nature and has a very high biocompatibility, contributes to gingival health. In addition, its white color allows light transmission and ensures the natural tooth appearance to be had. This transparent or clear image obtained from an aesthetic point of view gives very positive results.
How many types of coatings are there?
- In our clinic, 3 types of implant applications are performed. These are metal supported porcelains, zirconium crown and E-max crown, respectively.
- It is the most economical, most known and traditional type of porcelain. Metal-supported coatings, as the name suggests, are made by placing a metal alloy under the porcelain. Although it is aesthetically disadvantageous due to the metal inside, it's cheap and has no durability problems. So, it's commonly preferred.
- Zirconium is a white material in nature. Porcelains with zirconium substructure can be used easily on anterior teeth due to their aesthetics. It is also suitable for use on posterior teeth as it is very robust. One of its biggest advantages is that it has a natural tooth-like appearance and does not cause discoloration at the gingival margin and gingival recession.
E- max veneer
- E-max is the most suitable veneer type for the new generation. It is especially preferred by specialists and patients who want to provide an aesthetic appearance in front teeth. These teeth are made entirely using ceramics. While it is produced from ceramic, it is produced by adding glass particles into it. Thus, it has a much more natural and transparent appearance. In this type, there is no need to use a substructure as in metal and zirconium.
- Patients and dentists prefer this type of veneer very often.